vrijdag 20 februari 2015

Every realtionship has it's ups and downs

Today was trying-the-new-kitchen-day. My love has a new home and thus a new kitchen, with a real oven (instead of a microwave) and four hobs (instead of two, I am used to). He wanted to try to make the deluxe chicken shoarma sandwich, I wanted to make blueberry muffins and we needed some vitamines so I made a pesto bell peper salad.







We went total nuts in the supermarket, that I was very tired when we where home, so I warn you, this is not a succes story. The muffins totally failed, as I used 500ml milk in the cake batter, instead of the 50 ml pack told me. Baked them anyhow, but it was not near the muffins I hopes for. I hope cookie monster has enjoyed them... To what you can learn from my mistake: if you experiment, try to keep at least the quantities right...
The pesto bell came out as I planned it. As you can tell also by my other blogs, I like to make a salade as it can be very easy but more sophisticated then the everyday boiled vegetables. The salade of today is perfect if you are not in the mood for raw food, but still want a salade. This recipe is a side dish for 2 persons. 

Ingredients: 
2 or 3 bell peppers (three colors is best for the look of the salade)
4 tb olive oil
100 gr cherry tomatoes (optional)
30 gr small purple olives
2 tb pesto
1 bol of buffelo mozzarella (buffello is really worth the extra penny)

Slice the bell pepers in thin stripes and grill or wok them a little (leave a little of the bite). Halve the tomatoes and put them in the grill or wok pan with the bell pepers for max 3 minutes. Put all in a salad bowl. Stir the pesto and the olives in it. Slice the mozzarella in blocks and mix it in the salade. If the veggies are still warm the mozzarella will get even softer (but not too warm that it melts completely). Done and serve with a sprig of fresh basil. 
When serves with warm ciabatta bread, maybe one bell peper and some extra tomatoes and olives, you can also eat this as a main course. 

But as I told, we had chicken shoarma sandwiches. For I was soo buzzy with my failing muffins and the salade, I have no idea how he did it, but they were gorgeous. Maybe I can make and share his recipe one day. 

This picture is part of the gallery 'famous chunkies' painted by Alex Solis
http://cargocollective.com/oddworx/Famous-Chunkies

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten