vrijdag 13 maart 2015

La dolce far niente


As spring is in the air, green asparagus are in the shops. Time for a la dolce far niente moment.
A while ago I saw  one of my favorite movies once again: Eat Pray Love. Note that I also read the book, and listened to the audiobook, all three are magnificent. ;)

In the eat part, in Italy, there is a scene I very much like. Lizz (Gilbert, the writer of this autobiographical book) (played by Julia Roberts in the movie) is in Italy to learn italian, but also to discover the how to be an italian women. Key mind set for being an Italians she learned: you don't need to tell yourself that you earned a break, you already know you deserve it. Like duh.
Italians are the masters of pleasure (not to be confused with entertainment). They call it 'la dolce far niente', the sweetness of doing nothing. To teach herself this mindset, Julia makes a nice plate of asparagus, with a half cooked egg and some bread. I believe there are also salmon and olives involved, but this I left out.
A great mind set I need to apply more often. Therefore, hereby my own dolce far niente.

Recipe
Boil the egg less then 5 minutes in cooking water
bake the ham and the asparagus in a grill pan
buy good bread at the bakery (not the supermarket!)
Sauces: mayo en curry (I know, that's like swearing in church)

Enjoy. I mean you know you deserve it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten